Friday, September 3, 2010

Pet Peeve: Sunoco gas pump too slow

I've been annoyed by this for some time now but this was the first time I thought to write it down. Sunoco gas stations in my area here have all seemed to have upgraded their pumps within the last few years and I'm sure they are nice and new and shiny and have pretty colored lights on them but damn, they are slow and clunky and take too much time to begin dispensing fuel!

I go to the gas station to put gas in my car. I do not want to have to answer 50 questions to make the electronic pump menu system work. No, I do not want a car wash with that. No, I do not want a free bumper sticker or credit card application or GRRRRRR!@*@^%!!

The optimal solution is pull in, swipe card, push button selecting grade and go. That is not how the pumps at Sunoco work. Not only do you have answer a series of questions, the machine is maddeningly slow between asking and responding. Shouldn't your swiper machine know if it's debit or credit? If I swipe it and don't enter my PIN then guess what, it's credit. I'm sure this new crop of gas reward cards are very useful to some people but not me. There shouldn't be a specific question asking me if I'm going to use one. If I scan it, accept it, if not then I don't have one. Duh. Let's go here!

In short, speed up the process. Customer surveys are for people that actually go in the store. You should feel lucky that the owner of this store chose to locate it as he did and the route that I take to go to work intersects it or some other petrol company would be getting my money instead of you. Please take my feedback in mind when rolling out your next series of pump upgrades. I do not appreciate this minute or more of my day being wasted this way.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand that. We have servants, er, gas station attendants that pump our gas

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had those when I was little and there still may exist a few gas stations out there that are 'Full Service' but not many. Everyone pumps their own here.

    ReplyDelete