Thursday, October 25, 2012

Too Much Rain

On Sept 18th it rained. It rained badly. It was coming down like crazy and the streets were flooded. I usually don't bring an umbrella with me to work. I will put my hood up and make due but today I brought an umbrella so for some reason I though that would do me just fine. Unfortunately it wasn't the rain coming down that I really had to worry about. It was the rain that had already fallen and collected on the ground in vast bodies of water. I got to the parking lot, popped the umbrella open and started walking. I think was not even 3 minutes away from my car when I first got the suspicion that this was not a good idea yet my stubbornness to walk and get my steps for the day made me press on. The further I went the more I agreed with my original theory. Even the sidewalks were deep pools of water. I could tell my socks were getting wet and so were the bottoms of my pants. It was slow going and it got more miserable as I went. I started coming up with excuses for what I could call my bosses and say. A car drove past and splashed me would work. Yet I kept going. By the time I got there it was ridiculous. I took off my shoes and wrung them out in my trash can. I collected a good amount of water. There was no way I could work in this all day. Luckily Ale suggested I go down the street to the Target and get new clothes. That was a great idea and that's what I did. I got a pack of socks, new boots (which I needed anyway) and even a pair of pants (which I ended up taking back later because I got a size too small). I was too stubborn to ride the shuttle and that was a mistake. I did learn though because not even 2 days later I walked out of work ready to go home and it was pouring again. This time I made a good decision and got on the shuttle. I guess I can learn from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment